Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 20 (Aug. 26, 2013 Congreso, Argentina)


Dear Sweet Family and Friends,
How is everyone doing? And how is school for those of you who have started it? This week has been a true blessing because we have seen many miracles and have been able to experience many wonderful things.
First I would like to share something that I learned from the scripture in 2 Nephi 31: 20. It says:  "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life." When it says that we must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, this to me is faith. Then it says that we need to have a perfect brightness of hope and then a love of God for all men. This is charity. From this verse I leanred that in order to endure to the end and receive eternal life, we need to have faith, hope and charity. I am noticing more and more that these three things are talked about so many times in the scriptuers and it is neat to see the things that people accomplish when they have faith hope and charity. It know that I personally need to work on all three and I am thankful for the experiences that help me learn how to develop them more in my life. I have a testimony that when we want to become better people, that God will help change us through the Atonement of Jesus Christ if we are doing all we can.
Okay so here are a few experiences that happened this week that were great miracles! The first one is about our friend and investigator Julian.Hermana Herrera and I were going to visit one of our new investigators and teach her the Restoration but she was not home. We felt like we were there for a reason and so we thought for a moment what we could do or who we could see. While we were pondering and checking our planners, a young man came and started to enter the building that we were by. We introduced ourselves and asked him if he had a few minutes to hear the message of the Restoration. He said sure. He was super nice and friendly and listened very closly. When we were nearing the end of the lesson, Hna. Herrera invited him to be baptized and to our suprise (because this rarely has happened), he said yes right away without question. We then invited him to be baptized on the 15 of September and he said yes and was amazed at this because he told us that when he was younger, he knew that something special was going to happen that had to do with the number 15. He said that he has been waiting to hear that since that time when he was younger and that he has always had that number in is head. AMAZING!! The things that the Lord is allowing me to see and witness are incredible and I am so thankful for His love and mercy!! Hermana Herrera felt very stongly to ask him to be baptized on this date and when she asked him I felt the spirit in my heart confirming that date. Julian is a very special son of God and we are hoping that he really will be baptized on the 15th of September. What a special experience this was for us as missionaries. We have hard days and hard experiences but there are always experiences like this that make everything worth it. I love my mission so much. I will have to tell you about the other experience next week because I am out of time. Things are great here and all is well. I hope everyone is well and enjoying life. I know that we all can enjoy what comes our way because of the knowledge that we have about the Gospel and of our Savior Jesus Chirst. Love you all so much!
Love, 
Hermana Katelyn Syphus :) 

extra little email
Ma thanks for the great email once again! :) How was Kam´s birthday and is everyone doing good? I haven´t received anymore mail since the last one with my card. And I am not sure that is where I live haha but I live on the street called Yrigoyen. Yes this city is huge and very different than our humble sweet home of Diamond Valley. I miss DV so much but I am loving this area and the people more and more everyday. It is easy to love the people but the area is sometimes hard haha. But it is my area that the Lord has assigned me so I love it all the same. What a wonderful day you had with the rain and the thunder and everything!!! Lucky!! It has rained here once since I have bben here and is SUPER cold! It is hard to be outside and we do most of our teaching outside and so it is pretty tough. But I have learned that when I am focusing on the people and on the Spirit then it is east to forget other things like how cold I am haha. Thaks for the pics as well, I love them! Glad things are going good at home :) I forgot to tell you this and it is actually more for Joel but when I was showing my comps pictures of the family one of them (Hna. Cipriano who is 22 years old), pointed to Joel ( the family pic in front of the barn) and said wow how old is he?!!! Because she thought he was so cute and wants to meet him hahaha :) :) I told her that he is 18 soon and she was a little disappointed because he is younger than her but she said it would still be okay haha. Let me know what Joel thinks about that when you tell him haha. Love you so much mom!!!! 

email from Kate's mission president to his missionaries
Dear Elders and Sisters,


Thank you for your great work, you are an inspiration. Your obedience and dedication are
allowing great miracles to occur in the mission.

Thank you for writing your 3 weeks report on your weekly letter to me, I really appreciate
that because it helps me to look to your area´s progress and your personal progress
individually. Please keep doing it, it´s very important.

When Sister Ayre and I arrived in the mission, we had 172 missionaries. We now have 210.
We also have another 50 who are waiting for visas to come and join us in the work. Father
in Heaven is clearly hastening the work here in La Gran Mision Buenos Aires Norte.

As part of the growth, we have added three new zones. And We have also opened 15 new
proselyting areas.

I wish to call your attention to the fact that the process of finding through members is
producing great results. I just received an area report that shows how great you are doing.
Keep up the great work. I am certain that Father In Heaven will continue to lead us to
those he is preparing via our visits with Members both active and inactive. As you go to and
from the homes of our members, keep your hearts and minds prepared to be directed to
those that the Lord is preparing.
For us to be entitled to the guidance of the Spirit and to be led to those persons who the
Lord is preparing, we must do the small and simple things. We must push ourselves to be
exact in all that we do. Please note :
“There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon
which all blessings are predicated, And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by
obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.” (DyC 130: 20-21)

We love you very much. You are our family.
President and Sister Ayre
 ******************************
Queridos Eíderes y Hermanas,
Gracias por su gran trabajo, ustedes son una inspiración. Su obediencia y dedicación están permitiendo que 
grandes milagros ocurran en esta Mision. 
Muchas gracias por escribir cada semana el informe de las 3 semanas en sus cartas para mi, realmente 
valoro mucho eso y me ayuda a ver el progreso tanto de su área como el de ustedes individualmente. Por 
favor continúen haciéndolo, es muy importante. 
Cuando Hna. Ayre y yo llegamos aquí, teníamos 172 misioneros, ahora tenemos 210. También tenemos 
otros 50 que están esperando por sus visas para venir a trabajar con nosotros. Nuestro Padre en los Cielos 
está claramente acelerando su Obra aquí mismo en La Gran Mision Buenos Aires Norte. 
Como parte de este crecimiento hemos adherido 3 nuevas zonas. Y además también hemos abierto 15 
nuevas áreas de proselitismo. 
Me gustaría llamarles su atención hacia el hecho de que el proceso de encontrar a través de los miembros ya 
está produciendo grandes resultados. He recibido recientemente reportes desde El Área que muestra cuan 
excelente lo están haciendo. 
Sigan con su gran trabajo. Estoy seguro que Nuestro Padre en los Cielos nos seguirá dirigiendo a aquellos 
que Él está preparando mediante las visitas a miembros activos o inactivos. Mientras vallan hacia o en 
camino a los hogares de nuestros miembros, mantengan sus mentes y corazones preparados a ser dirigidos 
a aquellos que nuestro Señor está preparando. 
Para que estemos bajo el titulo de la guía del Espíritu, y para que seamos dirigidos a aquellas personas a 
quienes el Señor ya esta preparando, debemos hacer las cosas pequeñas y sencillas. Debemos obligarnos a 
nosotros mismos a ser exactos en todo lo que hacemos. Por favor tomen nota: 
“Hay una ley, irrevocablemente decretada en el cielo antes de la fundación de este mundo, sobre la cual 
todas las bendiciones se basan; y cuando recibimos una bendición de Dios es porque se obedece aquella ley 
sobre la cual se basa.” (DyC 130: 20-21) 
Les amamos muchísimo. Ustedes son nuestra familia. 
Presidente y Hermana Ayre

No comments:

Post a Comment