Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 47 (Feb. 24, 2014 El Talar, Argentina)


We caught Katelyn on line and Kambree wrote her a small note, but Kate didn't reply before kambree had to leave....
Family,
Oh no! Did Kambree miss the bus because she was waiting for me? I´m sorry if that was the case! :( But I am back now! There was only one computer and both of us were expecting mission calls for our brothers so we had to go one at a time! And that is the only thing I looked for and then got off. But MAN!!! I was so excited to see where he was going!!!!! I can´t believe it hasn´t come yet! Darn that just stinks, one more week I have to wait!! Poor Joel too! Hermana Jensen´s brother is going to Louisiana Baton Rouge Spanish speaking mission!!! She is so excited and I am so happy for her! Just wish that Joel had his too! 

Oh ok haha :) And ya, Hermana Jensen told me that now if you go to the US Spanish speaking you will always go to the Mexico MTC. That is strange. Also this is really random, but before I forget, are you friends with Laura on Facebook? I forgot if you told me that already. But if you are, you should definitely talk to her if you can! She would love it and it would be really good for her! :) 

I have lots of things to ask/tell you about this week and I want to reply on lots of things too so I will probably be really random today and all over the place. How is Joel? I haven´t read all your email yet so maybe you said something about that already. Also, did you tell the kids to email me? Because they just all our of the blue emailed me haha. I didn´t mean for you to tell them if you even did. I know they are busy kids! But I for sure appreciate their emails!! :) 

OK, I think I am ready to tell you about my week :) But you did have some questions so I will answer them quick. My cough is good now, I don´t have it anymore! :) Thanks for asking :) 

No worries about the other Monday :) hahaha Kendyl is a bit of a spacey at times hahaha

OH YA!! Katie´s gift!! Man there is just no time to think about things! Sorry about that Mom! I need to stop forgetting so easily! I actually haven´t really though about it and so it is not going to be anything clever like I am sure the rest are going to be :( but maybe something that has to do with hair because Shaun would always style our hair all fancy like and people were always so amazed when I told them that my brother did my hair...and a little worried haha. But I don´t know! That is all I can think of right now and maybe someone already thought of that. If so, let me know and I will try to come up with something else. 

El Talar is just one ward :) The area is just split that´s all. Good question :) 

Thank you for sending me those 25 reasons from Shaun! I loved reading those!!! So cute and fun...and gross! haha :) 

I don´t know if I can wait any longer for Joel´s call to come!!! I can´t believe it is not here yet!! I hope it will come next week!! 

Thank you Mom for your kinds words once again. They help me so much and I always feel better when I hear that you are proud. Thanks for helping me feel so good Mom :) And for the others as well. 

Yesterday I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting on my mission!! It was on how to retain and help our brethren in the church and the blessing that we receive in return for helping them. I prepared it all week because I was super nervous, especially because it was in Spanish. Heavenly Father helped me and answered my prayers! I wasn´t too nervous and felt like my Spanish was ok haha. There were a few things that i am sure I messed up on but I think they understood me for the most part ha. It was a great experience for me and helped me know how we as members have a great responsibility to help our fellow members stay active and firm in the church! One thing that I learned that really helps them is just being a friend. Pres. Hinckley said that every recent convert needs three things: a friend, an assignment, and the good word of God. He applied it to rc but I believe it also is applied to every member. And when we have these things, we are more likely to become faithful members of His church. Many people might think that la obra misional is only for those that are not members, and for those who are investigating the church. But another name for it is the work of salvation. And EVERYONE wants  salvation. I know that everyone has a special part in God´s work of salvation and that we can help our fellow brethren stay strong as we serve, support, and pray for them. 

There is not much to say about this week except for Laura and Gabriel!! We have been visiting them this past week with the same member and shared the book of Mormon with Gabriel and talked about a few other things that he wanted to know. He still hasn´t prayed to know but he did read some of the book of Mormon and seemed to like it. On Friday we had another lesson with them and committed both of the to come to church. Gabriel told us that he would come for one hour and that if he liked it, he would stay for the entire thing. YES!!! When he told us that he was going to come, we just felt so happy! We decided that we should fast on Saturday after lunch so that Gabriel would come and feel the spirit. Saturday we couldn´t see them but we called in the night and they said that everything was good for Sunday. Sunday morning we texted Laura and she told us that she was going to come with her 4 year old Matias but Gabriel could not make it because he was feeling really sick. We asked Laura for Gabriel´s number so we could call him. we talked to him and he said that he had eaten lots of chocolate the night before and that he had a bad head ache and stomach ache and wasn´t able to make it. We asked him if he could only come an hour and he said that if he felt better he would let us know. He didn´t end up coming in the end but Laura and her son were there and really enjoyed everything!! It was super hard to not see Gabriel there with his family. We knew that coming to church would have been a huge step for him, considering we had to stop teaching Laura because he wouldn´t allow her to come to church and that he hated the church to start with, and even though he didn´t come yesterday, we know that he will make it. He is changing little by little and for that, we are very grateful and happy. I know that it will take some time, but I know it will happen. Too much has happened with this family to not see them being baptized. I will need to earn the money to come back in a year when they will be sealed!!! :) ALSO, Laura accepted a day to be baptized!!! :) We wanted her to be baptized with her husband and so on Saturday when we saw her at her work we asked her to be baptized on the 9th of march. That would give Gabriel 3 Sundays to come to church before baptism like is needed. She accepted!! But since Gabriel didn´t come yesterday we will see what is going to happen. The experience with this family had been so crazy but so rewarding and I know that it will keep getting better! The Lord is blessing us so much! Next week hopefully will bring better news about Gabriel coming to church!! :) 

Well mom that is about it for the week. Next week I will have to write my email first maybe because if we had more time, I would write a bit more. But that is the most important part of the week. Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts for Gabriel and Laura and their family. Thanks to everyone else as well!!! I know that your prayers are being heard and answered and that Gabriel and Laura feel them too! I promise I am healthy and happy and doing great! Love you so much!! 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Syphus 

No comments:

Post a Comment