Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 79 (Oct. 7, 2014 Tigre, Argentina)

FINAL EMAIL...What an amazing missionary she is!  We are so proud of her :)

Dearest Family and Friends,
This week was a wonderful one! On Sunday, we were blessed to see the baptisms of two sisters that we have been teaching for about two weeks now. Magdalena and Iara! They have progressed so well and both went to the Saturday and Sunday session of general conference and really enjoyed it! They accept everything so fast and they do it because they have been prepared by God! :) I love teaching prepared people, it is the most beautiful thing! We really can see that when the scriptures say that the field is white already to harvest, that it is really true! Sometimes it is hard to find these people, but when they are found, it brings us the best feeling in the world! I am excited to tell you all more about Magdalena and Iara when I get back!On sunday when they were baptized, because it was general conference, all the missionaries were in the stake center and that is where we had all the baptisms. There were 14 that day and it was incredible to see all of those precious spirits in white with the honorable priesthood holders to baptize them. I will never forget that great blessing! :) Magda and Iara were so excited! All week, Iara would call us telling us that she couldnt wait to be baptized and that she wanted the day to come faster! She is so special and will be a great strength to her family!
General Conference was amazing as usual and was a great spiritual experience. I am really excited to go over the talks again and listen to it in english when i get home! It was a little hard at times because Magda has a two month old baby that she brought with her to the conference and she was not happy at times and so we had to help her with that, but what I heard and felt was very sweet!
The temple on Friday was wonderful as well! We saw the newer video for the first time and I loved it! It was so nice to be in the temple thinking about my mission and my relationship with God and how I felt. I hope that I can serve Him faithfully until the end, just like you all are doing. I love the temple so much and I know that in it, we can receive Gods will for us and feel closer to him. After the temple we went to eat peruvian food and it was sooo good. i think i have decided that the food from peru is my favorite! 

People ask me all the time how I feel. I dont really know what to say to them. I feel lots of different things. But mostly I feel grateful and happy. I feel grateful that my Heavenly Father had allowed me to have this year and a half dream come true! Grateful that I now have many more eternal friends and grateful that I have been able to understand and comprehend more Gods love. I am grateful that He has allowed me to see miracles every day and help me understand that happiness is a choice and that true happiness comes from loving and living His Gospel. I am grateful that he had allowed me to see people come unto Christ, which is the greatest joy in the world. I am grateful that my dream really has come true! Ever since primary it had been my desire to serve a mission and now that I am almost finishing my full time service, I cant believe it has gone by so quickly. My heart is full. The Lord has walked with us and He had been so good and gracious. I am grateful that He has protected my family and my friends and that I have you all to come home to. I really dont see how life could be better right now. Maybe that all my friends here could come with me to the states haha. But they will always be in my heart and I know that I will see them again and that we will all live together forever someday. I feel so blessed to have been able to serve God and His children this short time and develop a stronger testimony of Christ and His Gospel. I love being a missionary and I hope to never stop being one! :) I dont know how much I have changed or if I have changed, but I feel like I know and understand Gods plan more and that Christ is our Savior. And on a less serious note, I have changed in the fact that my skirts are a bit tighter and my face a bit rounder. But you will understand why I am like this when you get the chance to come here and all you eat is carbs haha. I also changed in the fact that now I dont mind eating boiled eggs, tomatoes, salad without thousand island dressing, and the weirdest thing-fruit for dessert. Sometimes I feel like in a week from now, I will still be here with my friends that I have grown to love, but I know that I have to keep moving forward! I have comfort knowing that they have made covenants with God and they know how to follow hIm and what to do if they want to live with him again. I am happy to have served this time and will continue serving Him! :) This time has been so so precious and Christs grace has lifted me up and has helped me each day. I know that He lives and that this life is possible only with Him at our side. I love Him with all my heart and I have loved testifying of Him each and everyday! :) I have not done much during this year and a half, God has provided everything and Christ has made up the difference. And people have come unto Him!! Thank you all SO SO SO much for ALL you do and have done. I love you all so much and appreciate all your prayers, thoughts, emails, letters, love and everything you have done to help me and to help God in His great work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am just so grateful!! :) God sure does love us and wants the best for us. I know that this is true!! My mission will always be in my heart and will always be one of the greatest blessings that I have received. I am so thankful. See you all soon :)
Con Amor, Hermana Syphus

PS My neck is a lot better! I too am so thankful for the protection that God has blessed me with here and for the priesthood power! I need to go now! I love you soo so much mom and please tell everyone hello for me! See you all real soon!!! :) And yes, there will be other elders with me but only until salt lake i think, not sure. 

On Sunday two zones, 
14 children of God were baptized in between the two conference sessions! 
It was a BEAUTIFUL sight! :) 
Such a great way to spend my last sunday in Argentina! God is so great! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment