Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 78 (Sept. 29, 2014 Tigre, Argentina)

Dearest Family and Friends,

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! This is so precious I cant stop looking at these pictures!! Baby Packer is soo cute and sweet! And Kari and Rob with their kidlettes look so good too :) I am so happy to have another little nephew and soon ANOTHER one! I hope Kylie is doing well with her baby too! I cant wait to hold this little cutie! Yesterday Yoselin told me that my nephew was born and so I was expecting pictures! :) I will have to  tell you about my farewell next week or when I get home. I dont know how joels emails are so stinkin great with s much detail and funny things and spiritual things and just eveything in one email. I wish I had that ability! 

What a wonderful day to be a missionary :) I love hearing that you are all doing well and that life is treating you well. This week I was able to see and feel Gods love and concern for us and see the blessings of the Priesthood. I know that everything God does for us is because he wants us to live with Him again. He love us so much and allows us to have trials at times because he knows that they will help us recognize His love and help and that we will understand that we need him! I need him everyday and am so thankful that he is with us! 


This Sunday we had two investigators at church. They are sisters! :) Magdelena and Iara. And they are on date for the 5th of October! Iara is 11 years old and has a strong desire to learn about Christ and come unto him. We were teaching a lesson the other day and got interrupted by something and she was like, "hermanas keep talking, I am getting really interested!" We were teaching the plan of salvation and she really liked it. Everyday she would told us that on Sunday in the morning she would be waiting for us to come by and go to church with her. She is so special! :) We have to keep teaching them effectively and with the spirit if they are to be prepared for this weekend. They still lack some of the teachings but are excited to keep learning and be baptized! If they go to conference on Saturday and Sunday, they can be baptized on Sunday after the first session! :) But only if they are prepared of course. We hope that we will be able to teach well and that they will accept well all of the teachings and apply them so that we can see them being baptized this weekend! We are so excited to be teaching them and helping them and they are progressing well.

Our other investigator, Edwin, didnt make it to church again because of work. He told us at the beginning that he did not usually have to work on Sundays and the two sundays that we have invited him to church he tells us yes but then gets a call Sunday morning or Saturday night and has to work. I think Satan is working hard on him because he knows that he is prepared and doesnt want him to progress and follow Christ. We want to keep him, but we have to see if he really is going to progress at this time. Because if not, we want to continue using Gods time well, finding prepared people. Edwin has stopped smoking and is working on stopping drinking and is praying and reading, but just hasnt come to church! We are trying to think of something to help him understand better! :)
I know this is short but our pday is short today because it is not actually pday. We are going to the temple on Friday and so they are using the temple time as our pday and we can only write today and shop and have to be working at 2. So we are writting fast! :) General Conference in one week!!! I am so excited! It will be so wonderful to hear from all of them.Mom I am sorry for not responding much to things, this week is going to be crazy with meetings and the temple and general conference and my head is full haha. But I love you so much and thank you for everything. Tell everyone hello for my like always! Let Rob know that I read his email and was going to respond but ran out of time. But that next week i will try to email him. He is so amazing and I am so thankful for his email! Thank him for me if you could! We are getting off now! Thanks for everything and I love you all so much! 

Hermana Syphus :)

(From what I understand, each missionary has a "farewell night" where they are honored and the members and missionaries come and say their "farewells".  Katelyn didn't have time to post any pictures, but I found these on facebook from Roberto's pictures.  I cried through all of them.  She has been so happy in Argentina and the people have been so good to her.)


 

 

 

 


PS So this week a fun little friend appeared on my neck haha. It started out small, like a  red burn or something and we didnt know what it was. I thought it was a sun burn because it felt like a sun burn but a really bad one ha. But it was just in one spot on my neck and didnte make sense. And I didnt burn myself from anything else. It started getting worse and so we told a member, the relief society pres., and because she always is taking such great care of us, she called the doctor and we went to get it checked because at this point it was hard to even move my neck and look left or right. the doc told me that it was an infection that a bug can cause or a bacteria in the air that enters the skin. We bought a cream for it and i applied it like he told me to but it was getting worse and hurting lots too. So then i talked to a different member and they said that I should stop using the cream. I stopped using it and received a blessing from the elders in tigre. That day it hurt and was the same, but the next morning i woke up and it felt so much better!! It was hard sleeping when it was really bad because I couldnt turn my neck, but during the night I slept well and it felt better! And was starting to look better too! :) And now it is healing and looks really gross haha. But it looked more gross before. I really think it was a tender mercy of the Lord that it felt lots better yesterday because I was worried that for the farewell, I wasnt going to be bable to hug anyone because i couldnt because of the pain. But Sunday morning I woke up and it was wonderful! I am so thankful for the little things that God does for us to make us happy and care for us! :)


The first pic is what it looks like now, the middle pic was how it looked when it first appeared, and the last pic is when it was really bad with little white pockets of puss. Really gross! But at least it is getting better! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment