Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 77 (Sept. 22, 2014 Tigre, Argentina)

Hey mom! First of all haha, last week when I said that maybe no one is excited for me to come home, i didnt mean for you to send that to people so they would write me ha. I received lots of emails saying Kates we are excited to have you home! Haha I know that you all have just been helping me by not saying anything. But thanks ha :) Second of all, this was another crazy pday that i expected to be able to write lots of people like I wanted, but once again it will not happen. We went to a place to buy some things that I need to take home and got permission from Pres to leave early because it is an hour and a half from our area. I was able to buy some things so that is great! But we have little time to write :( When a missionary is leaving the mission, we say that the companion that they are with is "killing them" because they are "dying" My comp is killing me in that way, and sometimes I think that she is literally killing me ha.

This transfer I have been able to learn so much. Lots about myself and lots about other people. I feel so grateful for the many blessings that God has given me and for the opportunity I have to serve in Tigre and see miracles and blessings every day. God has helped me have patience and feel the grace of Jesus Christ and has comforted me so much when I have most needed it. I am so thankful for my many blessings! :) :)

We are currently teaching a friend of a member family. Her name is Magdelena and she is 20 years old. She just had a baby girl 2 months ago and is a wonderful mom and loves to learn about the Gospel. She has been so receptive and prays so beautifully and is reading the Book of Mormon and learning fast! She has such a sweet spirit and recognizes that she is blessed although her life is not easy. She lives with her family and is wanting to know the church in order to be more happy and learn about Christ. On Sunday she wasnt able to come to church because she was up all night with her baby and didnt sleep at all. We passed by Sunday afternoon and talked with her and she looked so tired but was so happy to talk with us. She wants to come this Sunday and also to General Conference in two weeks. She is on date to be baptized the 5th of October and is very excited! And so are we! :)

We are also teaching the cousin of a less active member. His name is Edwin. It was a miracle how we found him and through working with the members, we were able to receive this miracle! :) The President of our branch told us to visit this family. We went and found the less active there. He told us about his family and that is 10 year old son is also a member but his wife is not. He told us that his cousin and aunt lived in the house in the back. We asked him if his cousin had ever talked with the missionaries and he said no and we asked him if we could! He told us that he did not think he would like it. But we insisted :) Edwin was not there in this moment so we returned another day and found him there. He accepted the invitation to be baptized and wants to change his life!! :) We have been teaching him and he is very receptive and is excited to learn! I know that he has felt the spirit because his desire to learn more and progress is increasing. He was not able to come on Sunday because he got called into work, but tonight we have an appointment with him and we will see how he is doing! :)
Teaching the Gospel of Christ and seeing people happy is my favorite thing to do and see :) I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He lives. I know that he loves to bless us and that when we keep our covenants and the commandments, He will always bless us. Life is just so good when we have this good news of Christ and Gods plan and I know that I am so blessed and that we are all so blessed to be members of Christs church! :) It really is wonderful thinking about all the blessings we have been given, even when we are in our hardest times. On my mission I have learned to be grateful and have learned about happiness. It is a choice to be happy and we can always be happy knowing that God loves us and that we are part of His perfect plan. Sometimes we mess up and sometimes the agency of other people hurts us, and we get down. But as long as we are doing our best and helping others so that they can also do their best, we can be happy  :) :) I love you all so much and thanks for everything! :)
Hermana Syphus
Can you please tell Kari, Kylie, IvaLou, SIs. Condie, Joel and Trish, and Kortnies mom, THANK YOU FOR THE LETTERS AND EMAILS!! :) I wanted to write them all but cant today. But I really appreciate their emails! I hope Kari and Kylie are okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment