Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 71 (Aug. 11, 2014 Tigre, Argentina)

Hahahaha!!! Mom you are ever so funny :) That is really funny about the word superdeduper I cant believe that!. I am still giggling to myself about that. Thanks so much for your email!

There is not much to tell about this week but it was a good one! Just like every week in my mission! We have an investigator named Eduardo and he is progressing pretty well but couldn't come to church on Sunday because he had already promised his uncle that he was going to look for a house with him and had to travel far to do it. But he is working on quitting smoking and drinking and is reading and understanding the Book of Mormon. We are excited to continue with him :)
We also had a family home evening with some of the recent converts and talked about the pioneers! I sent a picture of us in Nahuels home! Camila did not want to be in the picture though :( She is the one in the other picture with just me and her. She is the best!
This transfer we have really been trying to focus on finding Gods elect. It has been a bit hard but we know that if we start doubting that we will not work as effectively. In order to see more miracles, we have been fasting each week and decided to wake up earlier to study and prepare ourselves better for the day and we are trying to think of other things that we can do so that we will be more prepared to receive Gods elect and so that God will have more confidence in us. I know that we can do it with Gods help! In a personal study last week I was reading in Mormon 9 and it talks a lot about receiving answers to our prayers but only if we doubt nothing. I reflected on that and realized that I needed to put that into better practice. I think that because these last few weeks have been hard, my faith dropped a bit and I started to doubt, and I realized that God cannot work with me if I am doubting His miracles and blessings. I know that we will start seeing more miracles and find Gods elect and that things will get better! :)  I am thankful for the small miracles that we are receiving everyday. I am thankful for a companion who is always positive even when it is hard. Hermana Henriquez is a great companion is always serving me and helping me!
Well mom, sorry this is so short. Next week will bring more experiences and miracles :) Even if it was a harder week, I know that God keeps his promises and that we just need to keep having faith and working diligently and effectively in order to find the people that are waiting to receive this joyful news!! :) Love you so much and tell everyone I say hello and love them too! Have a wonderful week!
Hermana Syphus 





We had a family home evening this week with the amazing recent converts (Nahuel, Alejandro, Camila)! We watched the Legacy with them and talked about the pioneers and it was a great experience! I was able to feel great love for those that sacrificed so much in order to find Zion and feel closer to God. I just love the pioneers. The chicos really like it as well! I made banana bread for the occasion and we made popcorn as well. It was a fun lesson :)
I made some banana bread :) 

The reason we left today was to have a bbq with Alejandro at the church!! He wanted to make an asado for us and so we went to the church and ate lunch there with him. He is so great! He is a recent convert and loves to serve the Lord! :)  I just had some of the chicken haha. The other stuff was a bit weird. 
Me and Hermana Henriquez tracting

No comments:

Post a Comment