Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 22 (Sept. 9, 2013 Congreso, Argentina)

Oh why hello again my dear sweet mother :) Thank you for always telling me that my emails are sufficient haha. I really do appreciate it because at times I don´t feel like they are good. And thank you for your email and dad as well!!! I have not received any mail yet and I think it IS because we onl get mail every transfer. And yes mom, what you are doing with my letters and such is perfect thank you so much!! I can´t believe that Kylie fit into that dress!! Actually YES, OF COURSE I CAN BELIEVE IT! She is SO BEAUTIFUL!! Now I know that I am a wee bit bigger because before I left on my mission that dress did not fit me I don´t think. Haha oh well. Thanks for the pics, I love them! And so happy for Kam as well, she will have so much fun!! I am pretty sure that I have the best family in the world and that I am the missionary that misses my family the most!!! I know that I shouldn´t be missing my family this much if I am working hard and I promise I am trying to work so hard but I still stinkin´ miss you all so much!! And it is because my family is the best ever! No one is allowed to change okay? ;) There is a scripture in Doctrine and Coventants 130: 2 that says "And that same asociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with beternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy." I love this scripture so much because when I think about how much I love my family already, this scripture tells us that our relationships after this life will be coupled with ETERNAL GLORY! Isn´t that so beautiful!? And along with my family, when I read this scripture I think about my friends, my companions here on my mission, and our investigators as well. I know that the reason that we will have this opportunity with the people we love is because of God´s perfect plan and because of Jesus Christ. He really is our hope in this life. The things that I hope for and look forward to most in my life are all things that can only be accomplished through Jesus Christ and His Atonement and Gospel. I was reflecting the other day on the Atonement and realized that I need to have a stronger testimony of it. I know what it is and I have a testimony of it, but I realized that my testimony of it is not what it should be. And if I want to do this work in God´s way, I need to develop my testimony of the Atonement. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and I know that He is the way to everlasting happiness! I want these people that we are teaching to realize this as well and it is very hard when people don´t want to listen or when  people are not progressing because we as members of the church know that this is the only way. But the Lord is preparing people and helping us find them. So a quick recap of this week and our investigators:
Jonatan and his family committed to come to church but when we passed by Sunday morning to get them, no one was home. Later that day we found out that he was called into work. This family is so golden and I don´t think they are going to progress as quickly as we would like but they will be baptized! Jonatan told us that he feels something different when he reads the Book of Mormon and that he wants to live with his family forever but he has a son in Peru right now and wants to wait until he comes home in December to get baptized so his son can learn and be baptized as well. We taught the law of chastity to him and his wife (they are not married if you remembered). Our first visit with them they told  us that a piece of paper telling them that they were married was not important because they love each other so much. After we taught the law of chastity and asked them to consider marriage they said they would think about it. AAHHH!! It is so hard when people have families and when they feel the spirit and know that the Book of Mormon is true but they are not married! Satan needs to leave! We are praying for this family and have had many sweet experiences with them and I know they will progress! Heavenly Father has given us this opportunity to teach this amazing family and they are a miracle. I am so thankful for the experiences we have had with them!
We have an investigator named Juan and he is so great! He came to church on Sunday and also called us and told us that he received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true!! I don´t think that I have been told that directly from an investigator before and when he told us I was so happy and felt the spirit and had chills throughout my entire body! I will explain more about Juan next week because I have to go but he is the best!!
Well I just love you all so much and I am doing great here in Congreso. What a great time it is to be a missionary. I know that I am very blessed to have this opportunity to serve my God and His children. Thank you for everything!!!
Con Amor,
Hermana Syphus :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment