Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 24 (Sept. 24, 2013 Congreso, Argentina)

Hola Ma and Pa! Wow what a crazy day it has been! I literally have like 10 minutes left to write and about 100 things to tell you! Honestly, I wrote down a whole list of things that I was going to tell you and fill you in on, and I was determined to write about everything today. But nevertheless, I learned today that I have to do some other things on the internet each p-day. We write to pres. like always, and now we have to do some other things in order to provide information about our investigators, less actives, and recent converts. And after doing all this and reading my emails, there is not much time to write! One day I would just like to sit down and write a wicked awesome email with everything that I want to say in it. That would be the best haha. Man I don´t even know where to start. I know I won´t be able to say everything this week but hopefully something in this email will help someone. First, transfers were today and I am staying in the wonderful city of Congreso! Mom Hermana Leiva was never my comp, we just lived in the same apt :) and Hermana Herrera was my comp until today. She is going to a different area. I had a great transfer with her and learned some very valuable things. I am going to miss her prayers. Goodness she is so close to Heavenly Father and her prayers are beautiful! I love praying. It is a tremendous blessing. In one of the district videos a missionary says that of course we need to pray lots on our missions because this is God´s work and he know how to do it! And we will know what he wants us to know when we pray to Him. I know that this is true! My new comp is Hermana Velazquez!! She is from Paraguay and is great! I love her already! She is 26 years old and has been a member all her life. We have not taught together yet because today is p-day but tonight we are going to teach and I am excited to see how it goes! I received ALL the letters and the package from you today mom! WOW!! I have tons of reading to do and I don´t know when I will get to do it! haha THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR THE LETTERS!!! I really fell so blessed to have the family and friends that I have. Thank you for your prayers and support and letters and love and everything. I appreciate it SO much. I had a neat experience this past week. A small miracle that made my day. One morning I prayed to have an opportunity to provide service to someone because we have been trying to find service opportunities here and it is hard because no one wants us to serve them or no one is home. But anyway, we were walking down the street and there was this sweet older lady in front of us. She had some groceries in her hand and a walker as well. I felt like we should help her but i had not idea how to because she was doing fine. But as we passed her I just gave her a quick smile and hello and she piped up and said oh can you two please help me cross the street because I get scared when there are so many cars and I am a slow walker. Man what a blessing that was! This caught us by surprise but we were so happy to help! So my comp and I took her arms in ours and helped her cross the street. This experience was only like 1 minute but it was a blessing from Heavenly Father. I hope she felt Heavenly Father´s love for her. I know that I am only an instrument for Him and I was thankful to have that opportunity and receive an answer to prayer. I know that Heavenly Father will provide us with opportunities to serve His children when we have a desire to do so, whether big or small. Goodness I am out of time. I love you all so much and hope everyone is doing well. Mom I will respond to your email next week and tell you more things that I wanted to I hope! Thanks for everything! God loves us and we are His children. We have His Gospel and for this we always have a reason to be happy!
Con Amor, 
Hermana Katelyn Syphus :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment