Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 3 (May 3, 2013 MTC)

Dear Family and Friends,
Have I ever told you that i have the best family and friends in the world? Probably but it's not going to hurt to say it again: I have THE BEST family and friends in the world. I received packages and letters galore from so many people this past week for my birthday. I think there were like 15 letters! Holy cow that's so many. I love you all so much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Your letters and emails and packages made me ever so happy just like they always do :) Thank you so much! Erik, your package was so thoughtful and also delicious. Thank you so much for that. The donuts were a bit messy but they didn't taste any different so it doesn't even matter :) When I opened it the first thing that came to mind was "I have the best brothers ever." And the next thing that came to my mind was "Are you a fan of delicious flavor?" And of course I responded, "Why yes, yes I am." Thank you so much. They are yummy and my comp think so too :). Mom thank you so so much for the sweet package you sent me. I absolutely love the calendar and I spent a while just looking through the pictures on it. The chocolates are delicious thank you so much for those as well. And my companion and other roommates want me to tell you that the apples are the best things ever. They couldn't believe that they were made at home haha :) They love them and they think that I have the parents ever. Which they are right about :) Thank you for the stamps and letters and everything else! It was great and I was so happy with everything. I can't believe everything that has happened at home! I love hearing the news. Oh how I miss seeing our yard and trees full of fruit. The garden sounds amazing! The birthday's sounded like a lot of fun and I loved reading about Kendyl's surprise ha :) how fun for her. I can only imagine how great Shaun's recital went. Thank you for telling me about everything. Joel has a job!! Oh my goodness that is so great! And I can't believe you won those tickets again mom! That's so funny. I am happy to hear about Kylie and Greg and Axel and their soon to be move :) How exciting for your family. Can't wait to see the house when I get back.
This week as been great. I had a meeting this morning with many other missionaries going to Argentina. We got finger printed for our visas and on Monday the consulate of Argentina is coming to get our visas started. I think I will still be reassigned but we will see. My birthday was great! I absolutely love my district! Besides all the wonderful letters and packages I received from family and friends, the sisters in my district decorated my door with sticky notes and that was a great surprise. They are so sweet! Then my comp. got me a twix and some chap stick and wrote me a note that was really sweet. Lots of people that day told me happy birthday and everyone was so kind. They all helped me to have a great day. We also taught a lesson that morning and it went really well so that was another great present. So you know how Hermama Boothe's dad works here at the MTC? Well he brought a cake secretly and gave it to Hermama Boothe and that night my district surprised me with a cake! It was so great! I couldn't believe that they would do that! They sang to me and it was all just really wonderful. They are so thoughtful and I am so thankful for them.

Hermana Boothe's dad works in the MTC kitchen and made me a birthday cake!

My 20th Birthday at the MTC.  My friends put stick it notes on my door.  So KIND!
On Sunday night I asked my comp if she wanted to go to choir practice and she said sure so we did and it was so great! Music is something that is helping me through the difficulties of being a missionary. I know that it is a tool that God uses to bring peace into our lives and to help us feel the spirit and His love for us. It was so fun to sing with all of those missionaries! We were planning singing at the Devotional on Tuesday night. So when Tuesday came around, we received some news that made us feel overwhelmed and stressed for a bit. So at that point we had two investigators because we had two teachers right? Well one of our teachers wasn't able to work everyday anymore so we now have another teacher which means we also have another investigator. I think that in the moment we heard this news, we all wanted to cry haha. It's not that we don't like having investigators, it's just that it is so hard to plan and prepare lesson in spanish in the little time we have. And now were getting three?! It is very rare to have three investigators in the MTC so we got lucky ;) But in a way we are actually lucky because now we will have more experience with teaching and learning how to rely on the spirit to help us teach. I have really learned that being here and it has been so wonderful. So after we heard this news, Hermana Freestone and I decided that there was no way we could make it to choir practice on Tuesday AND prepare a lesson for our new investigator. So we decided to not do choir this last week. It was a sacrifice but it was good because we were able to have lots of time to prepare a lesson. Having three investigators now is very difficult but when things like that happen I am reminded of the simple yet powerful truth that God will not give us anything we cannot handle. We have committed tow of our investigators to baptism and they have said yes! It was a very special and sweet moment when they said they wanted to get baptized. The Lord is really with us each day. Jacob 5: 72 says "And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things." This is absolutely true! The Lord does labor and is laboring with us. This gives me so much comfort. I love knowing that the Savior of the world is in fact walking beside us and helping us to spread His Gospel.
Hermana Boothe is very sick and had to stay in bed today. Would you all mind praying for her? Mom things with my comp are great thanks for asking :) My eye is getting better. Still a little red but getting better :) Pres. Tyler is not the MTC pres. just the pres. of our zone. Very wonderful and inspiring man. The Pres. is Pres. Nally :)
Well there are more things to say but no time left so maybe next time. But please know how much I love and appreciate all of you and your love and support. This has been a trying experience but it has been so rewarding already. I am nothing without God and he has given me everything. I am so thankful for His love and for you all. Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Syphus 

No comments:

Post a Comment