Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 59 (May 19, 2014 Parque Chacbuco, Argentina)

Dearest Mother,
Great email from you like always thanks so much! I could really just read and read all day about what is going on at home! I love it so much! I DIDN¨T EVEN REALIZE SUMMER WAS COMING FOR THE KIDS! That is so weird! I completely forgot that school ended in May. Actually I don´t think I forgot, I just didn´t even think about it. Man that is so crazy! How are the kids doing? Are they excited for Summer? I am so happy for little Joely Oley :) He is so great and part of me wishes I could be there for his graduation on Thursday but I will get to see pictures which is almost just as great :) I was just thinking the other day that this year for our family is SO CRAZY!!! There are like 50 things happening and they are all huge!! Kari and Kylie are pregnant and are going to have their babes, Shaun got married, Erik WILL get married (I am crossing my fingers for that one ;) ), Joel graduates high school and leaves for his mission to the Phillipines (I still haven´t figured out how to spell that), and I am sure many other great things are just awaiting us. Our family Christmas card this year will be fun haha!! :) I am really so grateful to have such a wonderful family. I LOVE telling the new people we meet about my family and showing them the picture of all of us in front of the red barn in dv. Even though they all always tell me that my sisters are all gorgeous and that I look bigger now hahaha, I still love showing them and telling them about you all. It makes me so happy to know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the truths that have been restored to modern day prophets of God, my family can enter the Celestial Kingdom and live together forever. My mission has helped me so much to understand more the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thought I understood it before my mission because it seems so simple. And it is, but now it means so much more to me. Repentance means so much more to me and I love teaching it to those who are seeking it and who are seeking change in their lives through a better way, or the way of Christ. I know that Christ has redeemed us and saved us from physical and spiritual death and that His Atonement is the way to Him.
Just a few random things that I wanted to tell you haha. I am happy to say that I have put your recipes to practice here in Argentina :) I have banana bread three times I think and lemon bars this last week and both have been a hit. When we talk to the zone leaders to give an account of our week and we ask them if there is anything we can do for them, they tell us to make banana bread from Hermana Syphus´ mom haha. They love it! To make it more yummy I put dulce de leche on top and it was pretty good. Of course not like yours or grandmas but it is banana bread. It has been fun making things from home the last few weeks :) I have really enjoyed it :) The lemon bars turned out ok but were a little toasty on the bottom. We took some to the Familia Rocha and Roberto wanted to eat the whole pan. So tell the Leavitts that the people here in Chacabuco love her lemon bars!!! :)
For the best news of the week, Brian and Cristian we confirmed on Sunday!! :) And now they are members of Christ´s church! Brian is the only member in his family and will be a great example to them. He has some good friends in the ward so that will be a good help for him. We are trying to get to know his parents and have a good relationship with them so that we can start teaching them as well :) He has a brother that is really shy and is 17 and we are hoping to get to know him better this week as well. Cristian or Papito as we call him, is doing well. Sunday when we went to pick him up to walk to the church he was still sleeping, little bum. We woke him up and got to the church on time thank goodness. He is so cute. Whenever we asked him throughout the week what he was going to receive on Sunday he would say my baptism of fire haha. He is great and has three great siblings to help him stay strong!! Alejandra and Yoselin are as great as ever. Such amazing converts. I love them so much. They both received callings to be ward missionaries and are coming to the meetings and everything. I think I told you last week but Roberto received the priesthood the last Sunday and that same sunday baptized his brother Cristian. Such a special experience! This family really was sent and prepared by God and I know that the Gospel is changing their lives for the better. i feel so blessed to be a part of it. Roberto is excited to come with us during the day to visit our people. Alejandra and Yoselin also accompany us when they have time. Yoselin and Roberto are preparing to serve missions!! :) I am just so happy and I love this so much :)
We met Marcos this week. He is a cousin of the Rocha family and is 14 years old. He just moved here last week from Bolivia and will be staying here. His mom left when he was a baby and his dad is not a very good father figure. He has gone through so much. We were able to talk to him the other day about Christ and he said that he wants to know him more. He accepted to be baptized but is under age so we have to receive permission from his legal guardian who is his aunt or Alejandra´s mom´s sister. She is pretty against the church and we have been praying lots so that she will accept. We will see this week how it goes! But Marcos  really is ready and I know the Gospel will give him hope and peace! I hope it all works out!
Another cousin of the Rocha´s, Carlos, continues to come to church with his two kids and is just the best. He knows the church is true and knows the book of mormon is true but is not married and lives with his mujer. we have talked about marriage with him and we met his wife the other day and are meeting with them both together tomorrow! He wants to be baptized and get married but not sure when. But tomorrow we will see! I will for sure keep you updated on him. I think we will see great miracles with this family. Carlos is one great person. He is reading the book of mormon like crazy and loves it so much and understands it really well. The Rocha family is helping us find God´s elect! :)
I think that is it for the week. Of course there is always much more to say and comment on but I think I included the most important news :) Today we went to the President´s house for pday with our zone and another zone and had burgers and played games. It was a lot of fun! That is why I wrote a little late. I wish I could write every little miracle that we see. God is really blessing us with His tender mercies and I know that He is here with us. Even though I can´t tell all of them, know that He is providing us with miracles everyday and showing us His love and concern and I am so grateful. i know He lives and loves us and that this is His way and the only way to happiness! Thank you so much for all you do. Heavenly Father has blessed me with the best family and friends and I love you all so so much! Thank you mom for your time, thoughts, prayers, love, concern, and for everything. Man I wanted to write lots of other things but we have to go. I love commenting on your emails. Tell Jordy I give him a big hello and a big hug and a big welcome home!! Tell their whole family hello for me. Wish Kylie and Greg happy traveling and good luck and tell them I love them so much! I wanted to write personal emails but today didn´t work. Tell Kam that I know she will be a great support for Jake and that I love her as well. Actually just tell everyone that I love them all so stinking much. That would be better haha. And of course, let my Dear Daddy know that I love him so much and still miss his hugs. Last night I dreamed that he was whistling to me and it was the sweetest thing ever. Love you mom and talk to you next week!! Oh yes! I forgot to say that I am very happy and very good! Oh and the weather here is cold! It is getting chilly and July and August are the coldest months! We will see how it goes! :) Love you.
Hermana Syphus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment